Monday, August 20, 2007

New Publications: JSAAEA and Eye.D!

The Journal of Southeast Asian American Education & Advancement just published a quartet of my poems, so I am quite inclined to give them a mention. The particular pieces are Snakehead Fish, Departures, Capital, and Preparations for Southeast Asia.

The Journal of Southeast Asian American Education & Advancement is a peer-reviewed scholarly journal published by the National Association for the Education & Advancement of Cambodian, Laotian, and Vietnamese Americans (NAFEA).

It's an on-line and freely accessible interdisciplinary journal providing a forum for scholars and writers from diverse fields who share a common interest in Southeast Asian (SEA) Americans and their communities.

And to my fellow Southeast Asian American writers: They're still looking for other contributors for upcoming issues.

I'm delighted to be included- and these are some particularly fun and playful poems of mine.

I didn't include them in On The Other Side Of The Eye, although they could have easily fit in. I think they'll work nicely within some future collections I'm working on.


In the new online magazine, Eye.D, an essay of mine has been published, "A View Askew" that discusses my process and the importance of finding your own voice as a writer.

Eye.D is edited up by Kou Vang, one of the most talented and innovative Hmong artists in the nation. Her work has graced many issues of Paj Ntaub Voice in the past, and this new venture of hers is quite promising.

In particular, I'm also going to point out a great interview she just did with Seexeng Lee, including some great examples of his work.

No comments: