Sunday, January 01, 2012

Welcoming 2012: Year of the Dragon

So, here we are. Tempus fugit, as they say. Thanks to everyone who's joined us so far and here's my first official post for the new year. This upcoming year, my plan is to continue taking on any number of interesting topics that are useful for readers of Lao American literature and community, particularly for those writing within speculative literature.

As we approach the year of the dragon, or nak, this will also figure heavily into many of my posts including what I hope are regular weekly reviews. 2012 will be a year of many changes, although most likely not the end of the world on 12-12-12. It's also the fifth anniversary of my first full-length book of speculative poetry, so that will be something I'll be reflecting on, particularly as we get closer to August.

This year, the plan is to get some significant travel back and forth between Minnesota, California and Wisconsin, and possibly Laos, but we'll see where else the year takes me. Best laid plans, after all.

At this point, I quote Winston Churchill: "This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of a beginning."

Keep creative, and together, let us transform not just lives, but worlds yet to be.

No comments: