Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Finding Bryan Thao Worra Books and Writing, 1999-2016


Are you wondering where to start? https://issuu.com/bryanthaoworra is one place where I have many examples online to sample my poetry.

Personally, I feel there's something to be said about the benefits of experiencing the print versions, and encourage you to get a physical copy as well if it's affordable for you.

My chapbooks and full-length collections include:
The Tuk-Tuk Diaries: Preludes and Postcards, 2014.
DEMONSTRA, Innsmouth Free Press, 2013.
Tanon Sai Jai, Silosoth Publishing, 2009.
BARROW, Sam's Dot Publishing, 2009.
Winter Ink, Minnesota Center For Book Arts, 2008.
On The Other Side Of The Eye, Sam's Dot Publishing, 2007.
My Dinner With Cluster Bombs (The Tuk-Tuk Diaries), Unarmed Press Chapbook, 2003.
Touching Detonations, Sphinx House Press e-chapbook, 2003.

For my speculative poetry work, On The Other Side Of The Eye, BARROW, and DEMONSTRA stand out the most in this regard, Tanon Sai Jai, a little less so, but there are still elements of speculative poetry within many of the poems in that collection as well.

The Tuk-Tuk diaries: Preludes and Postcards remixes all of my work between 1991-2012 together for consideration, creating a very different experience for my work, but it also becomes a very long introduction to my verse. A relatively complete list of my publications up until 2016 can be found here, although I'm looking for a more practical location to share this file in the future.

My short horror stories include:
"What Hides and What Returns,” Historical Lovecraft, Innsmouth Free Press, 2011.
“A Model Apartment,” Innsmouth Free Press, Issue 4, 2010.
“The Dog at the Camp,” Tales of the Unanticipated, Autumn, 2006.
“The True Tale of Yer,” Bamboo Among the Oaks, MN Historical Society Press, 2002.
“A Dream of Laaj,” Paj Ntaub Voice, Vol. 7, No. 1, 2000.

I hope that helps!


No comments: